At present, Android is the most demanding mobile operating system (OS) in the mobile app development market. The operating system comprises around 85% of the market share with more than 3.04 million applications in the Google Play Store. Below mentioned are some of the key Android App Development trends to look out for in 2021, have a look:
- Android Instant Apps: Instant apps are native Android apps that run without the need for installation on a device. It means that by using Google play for an instant, people can use an app or game without downloading and installing it first. Hence, by surfacing an instant app across the Play Store and Google Play Games app, the android app developers can gain more installs and achieve increased engagement. As instant apps or games don’t take extra space on smart devices and reduce unnecessary system interruption. Some of the key benefits of instant apps include complete access to Android applications without any need for downloading the app, Superior UI/UX design, more storage space, and compatibility across all Android devices.
- Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI): Nowadays, machine learning and artificial intelligence have become a common thing that people use on their smartphones every day. For instance, there are numerous AI-based photo editing apps that people use for creating the best photographs. The amalgamation of both machine learning and artificial intelligence technology can bring loads of changes to the future of Android development. Social networks have already started using these technologies to offer content that visitors are interested in, allowing them to see the products they require and make buying decisions quickly. In all, these android development trends offer a promising marketing channel for e-commerce businesses.
- Chatbots/Google Assistant: Chatbots or smart assistant by Google helps people with routine tasks. In recent times, chatbots have gained immense appreciation among people for their instant responses and the ability to answer 24/7. Chatbots are being widely utilized in the B2B field for improving services. Additionally, the trend is gaining popularity in the field of customer support as it helps to provide faster responses to customer’s queries. Offering quick services while saving a lot of time makes chatbots/Google assistant a perfect choice for entrepreneurs or businesses as they will continue to combine the services and content of their applications with the Google Assistant in 2021 and beyond.
- Multiplatform Development (Flutter): Multiplatform Development or Flutter is another innovative technology from Google and the future of android app development too. It allows app development using a native interface for platforms like Android and iOS. Due to its combinability and flexibility, many app developers prefer this platform as a tool to build great mobile apps. Other reasons that make flutter the best option for building mobile apps include native design, easy to learn feature, and MVP development.
- Android Jetpack: Android Jetpack is a complete collection of tools or components that help Android app developers to build advanced apps. A Mobile App Development Company can employ the jetpack components anytime and at any rate as they are unbundled libraries that are not part of the Android Platform. It allows app developers to add the functionalities to the app and release it on the play store and then give the users all the features in a single day. Since Android Jetpack makes app development easier and quicker, it is listed as one of the most recent Android app development trends.
Looking at the advanced technology and trends, the future of Android development seems quite promising. Businesses can even get a Custom Mobile App Development service that meets their business requirements. The Android app developers who are looking for ways to stay competitive and increase their user engagement must keep all the above-mentioned trends in mind.